Don't wait for the e-mail, read all the server merger information here!
An e-mail from SOE Customer Serivce to EverQuest II Live players today announced upcoming server mergers for the EQII Live servers. Tiffany "Amnerys" Spence, EQII Community Manager, also posted that there will be an announcement by Dave "Smokejumper" Georgeson, Senior Producer, and a FAQ.
Server mergers are tentatively planned to start on or around November 16th, 2010. Provisions have been made for duplicate character and guild names, the moving of entire guilds, and other people's stuff that might be in your home.
You can find the entire text of the customer service e-mail notification after the jump, and further information from Amnerys's post on page two. The official "talk about the server merger" thread on the official forums is here. Discussion about server hardware, with Smokejumper's responses, is here.
Customer Service e-mail text:
On or about November 16th, 2010 at 12:00 AM (PDT), EverQuest® II will begin the process of merging many servers with the goal of providing an even better gameplay experience for everyone. Please check EQ2Players.com periodically for any further updates on this scheduled server merge.
Preserve your Legacy!
As a result of the merge, some character names may be duplicates; players who have logged in within the past sixty (60) days will be given priority in keeping their character's name (see below for more details).
As you may have additional concerns related to this event, we are providing the following information (and will additionally post a FAQ page through our Knowledge Base) in an effort to answer as many of such questions as we can.
Server Merge Rules
- In the event of duplicate character names as a result of this server merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days; if both characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which has accrued the most gameplay time overall will retain its name. Other characters will have an "x" added to their names until a unique name has been determined.
- Players with a character whose name has been affected by the server merge can type "/rename" in their in-game chat window and receive a one-time complimentary name change.
- Guilds with leaders will be transferred intact; however, guilds without leaders will not be transferred and will be deleted as part of this event. If you belong to a guild on a merged world which currently does not have a leader and you wish to have the guild transferred as part of this scheduled server merge, please submit an in-game petition (/petition) in order to resolve this situation prior to the scheduled date of this server merge.
- Priority for guild names will be given to the guild with the earliest guild creation date, with such guild keeping its name and the other guild having an "x" added to its name.
- Guilds whose names have been affected by the server merge that wish to change their guild's name will need to use the in-game “/petition” command.
In Your Home
- All items in characters' homes will be inherited by the home's owner during the merge. If you have alts that own any items, have designated any trustees to your character's home or if you are a trustee in another character's home, please arrange for the appropriate owner to retrieve its items before the server merge begins.
- After the merge any vendor items in your transferred character's house will need to be re-placed in your character's new home.
- You can use the house vault of the character which is being transferred for storage. The items in your transferred character's house vault will remain associated with that character during the server merge.
- As noted above, your transferred character's house items, including any vendor crates containing such character's broker inventory, will need to be re-placed in that character's new home.
- Vendor Events (i.e. the logs of what was sold, to whom, when, etc.) will not transfer as part of the server merge.
- Until your transferred character concludes a sale on the newly merged server, that character's Total Coin Gain will display 0. After that character makes a sale, it will display the sum of the total amount of coin that such character has gained on both servers.
Please keep this information in mind as you prepare for the upcoming merge.
- Nektulos merged into Guk
- Najena merged into Unrest
- Befallen merged into Oasis
- Blackburrow merged into Everfrost
- Mistmoore merged into Permafrost
- Kithicor merged into Butcherblock
- Runnyeye merged into Splitpaw (UK)
- Innovation merged into Valor (German)
- Antonia Bayle
- Lucan D’Lere
- Harla Dar (Russian PvP)
- Sebilis (Japanese)
- The Bazaar (Live Gamer)
- Storms (French)
- Vox (Live Gamer)
- The Nexus (Russian)
source: SOE Customer Service e-mail