EverQuest II announced its move to Free-to-Play on November 10, 2011. The anticipated time frame for Free-to-Play to begin is early December, 2011. EverQuest II Extended (and the Freeport server) becomes unified with the other EQII servers as part of the EverQuest II brand with this change.
We recommend that you also read through the Free to Play FAQ for further information.
Below is the Membership Matrix  that will be in effect when Free-to-Play is enabled. Active SOE All Access accounts have Gold Membership on EverQuest II. Beginning on November 13, 2012, there will no longer be coin restrictions for players with Free and Silver memberships 
Changes are coming in March 2013 to the Membership Matrix! Many restrictions will be lifted, including race and class limitations. Head over to the official EverQuest II site for more information. We will update our matrix guide when the changes go into effect.
EverQuest II Free-to-Play Membership Matrix
| Account Membership & Price||Free |
No purchase required
500 ($5 USD) 
$14.99 USD/month 
| EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate ||Full Access |
| Player Character Races||Four Races |
(remaining can be unlocked)
|Full Access |
| Player Character Classes||Eight Classes |
(Can unlock 16 classes; Beastlord included with AoD)
|Full Access  |
(Beastlord included with AoD)
| Tradeskill Classes||Full access to all primary and secondary tradeskill classes.|
| Player Character Levels||Can play through level 90 in Adventuring and Tradeskilling. Level 91+ is available to owners of Destiny of Velious (now packaged with Chains of Eternity) who have at least 280 AAs.|
| Character Slots ||2||4||7|
| Ability (Spell) Tiers ||Adept||Expert||Full Access|
| Equipment Upgrades||No access to Legendary and Fabled |
(including Mastercrafted Legendary & Mastercrafted Fabled)
| Player Housing||Full access to all housing types and all six house vault slots.|
| Guild Halls||Full access to using their guild hall and all amenities not restricted by membership. |
| Inventory Bag Slots |
| Coin Limitations|
| In-Game Mail ||Can only receive in-game mail.||Send & Receive|
| Personal Bank Space||2 Slots||3 Slots||Full Access|
| Shared Bank Space||0 Slots||2 Slots||Full Access|
| Guild Bank Space||Full access to available space if character is in a guild. |
| Broker System||No Buying or Selling ||No Selling ||Full Access|
| Active Quest Journal||20||40||Full Access|
| In-Game Chat||Can only use /say, /tell,|
/group and /guild
| Voice Chat||Unlimited|
| Guild Join/Create||Join Only||Join and Create|
| Customer Service||Knowledge Base Only |
(full support for transaction based issues)
| Station Cash ||Purchasable via any available methods.||Purchasable via any available methods.|
Bonus 500 per month given to recurring Gold.
| Pop-Up Advertisement||In-game pop-up reminders to upgrade to Gold.||None|
- ^ Membership Matrix as originally published on EverQuest2.com. Some additional information on our page has been augmented by the ZAM staff.
- ^ SOE All Access is a $19.99/month plan that gives access to many SOE games. For EQ2, it gives Gold Membership as long as the subscription plan is maintained.
- ^ Dexella on the Official Forums, Nov 7, 2012
- ^ The "Free" membership tier was formerly known as Bronze when the EverQuest II Extended service existed. Former Bronze members will be converted to the Free tier.
- ^ Silver Membership is a one-time fee of 500 Station Cash (SC or ).
- ^ Gold membership can be purchased as recurring or non-recurring plans in 1, 3, 6 or 12 month increments.
- ^ EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate includes the base game, first 6 expansion packs and 3 adventure packs
- ^ The Chains of Eternity and Age of Discovery expansion packs can be purchased separately for more content.
- ^ Four free races included with Free and Silver Membership are: Human, Erudite, Barbarian and Half Elf. The Freeblood race is only available via the Marketplace.
- ^ The Freeblood character race is available on the Station Cash Marketplace.
- ^ Eight free classes included with Free and Silver Membership are: Swashbuckler, Brigand, Wizard, Warlock, Guardian, Berserker, Templar and Inquisitor. The Beastlord class is only available with the purchase of the Age of Discovery expansion.
- ^ The Beastlord class is only available with the purchase of the Age of Discovery expansion.
- ^ Unlimited additional character slots can be purchased by any tier on the Station Cash Marketplace.
- ^ Free and Silver members can receive further upgrades on individual abilities by purchasing Spell Unlocker Packs from the Station Cash Marketplace.
- ^ Free and Silver members can purchase equipment unlocks to allow the player to equip one piece of higher quality armor per unlocker that is normally restricted. Retricted equipment includes anything of Legendary, Mastercrafted Legendary, Fabled and Mastercrafted Fabled quality. Marketplace equipment purchases of any quality are automatically unlocked and do not require an unlocker.
- ^ Some membership tiers may find themselves restricted from using guild hall amenities such as the Broker.
- ^ Free and Silver members can purchase inventory slot unlockers to open up one additional inventory slot per unlocker, up to the normal maximum of 6 inventory slots.
- ^ Players on PvP servers cannot send mail to players of opposing alignment to their own.
- ^ Guild bank access can be restricted based on a character's guild rank by guild leaders and officers. Guild bank space available is dependent upon a guild's level.
- ^ Free members can make purchases or sales on the Broker System by using Marketplace broker credits.
- ^ Silver members can make sales on the Broker System by using Marketplace broker credits.
- ^ Free and Silver Membership accounts will receive customer service to resolve real money transaction based issues only. Support for other gameplay and performance issues is available at the online knowledge base.
This page last modified 2013-03-07 18:23:47.