TWO NEW SERVERS
- Time Locked PvE Server
- More Info: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-kaladim-tle-server-faq-2019
- Event PvP Server
- Each account will only be able to create a single character on Nagafen, so be diligent when deciding on a race and class! And of course, know that with only one character, you will become known for the choices you make and your victories in battle.
- More Info: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-nagafen-pvp-server-faq-2019
- This is a PvP server, so the majority of your progression will come from PvP fights. When you defeat an opponent, you will be given an XP reward, with unique kills giving you much more experience than players you have taken down previously. The more you defeat the same player, the less they will be worth. Quest experience will be the next best experience available, with NPC encounter experience rewards being relatively low in comparison.
- You will not have the ability to disable PvP experience rewards.
- PvP combat will be free-for-all and factionless, which means that anyone outside of your group or raid will be considered a hostile target. Every player is a potential target, and every player is a potential group mate, so you'd better learn how to make friends fast.
- Speaking to the Priest of Discord in Freeport and Qeynos will open a PvP leaderboard which will display a sortable list of all pvp leaders.
- Once you have obtained level 15 you will become eligible for PvP bounties, granted by the Priest of Discord in Freeport and Qeynos. These bounties will update when you defeat one of the top 15 PvP leaderboard members of the appropriate type. While on a bounty mission you will have access to the Bounty Tracker inventory item to assist you in tracking down your targets.
Zones and Player Vs. Player Level Range
- "Newbie" zones will have a 4 level PvP range. Zones that are included in the 4 level PvP range are: Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Frostfang Sea, Oakmyst Forest, Outpost of the Overlord, Queen's Colony, The Caves, The Forest Ruins, The Graveyard, The Peat Bog, The Ruins, The Sprawl, The Sunken City, Big Bend, Stonestair Byway, Temple Street, Beggar's Court, Longshadow Alley, Scale Yard, Nettleville, Starcrest Commune, Graystone Yard, Castleview Hamlet, The Willow Wood, and The Baubbleshire. Normal zones will have an 8 level PvP range and zones intended for level 40+ will have an unlimited PvP range. The only non-PvP zones will be Freeport and Qeynos. All other zones are open for business.
- Characters that are killed in PvP will drop up to 70% of the coin they are carrying with them. Coin kept in the bank is not affected. There is also a chance that they will drop one of the tradeable items that they are carrying in their bags.
PvP Ability Balance
- PvP specific templates have been created for many spells that are too powerful in their base forms for PvP combat, such as control abilities (charm, fear, etc). These templates are intended to reduce their power to the desired balance of the ability, without removing their desirability entirely.
- Auto-Follow, and Auto-Run will break when hit in PvP combat.
MISCHIEF AND MAYHEM
As is the nature of Bolgin Serilis' disaster-inducing creation – the goblin – wherever they go, mayhem follows. And nowhere on Norrath, or on any other known (and quite possibly unknown) plane of existence, is this more evident than within their underground citadel of Runnyeye. However, it's not just the Runnyeye clan of goblins causing a raucous heard as far away as The Fool's Gold. Oh no, they've decided to throw a party! A great gathering of goblins, from every nook and cranny, have descended into the dungy depths of Runnyeye, and are just waiting for someone to crash their party. That someone might as well be you, brave adventurers!
The Anchorage [Public Tradeskill]
The dust has settled, the parlay has ended. The armies of Freeport and Qeynos have retreated back to their respective cities. What remains of the New Combine? Very few have stayed behind to finish the work that all once believed was possible – and they need help. Whilhelm Nam’terin was once a dockmaster for the New Combine but he has since shared his dream to create a research society with to cultivate new and unique curiosities. Whilhelm is calling for the aid of any capable tradeskiller to help make this dream a reality. Do your part to help form the Anchorage! Those wishing to lend a hand can find Whilhelm near the Salt Breeze camp in Cobalt Scar if they have completed “The Scrivener’s Tale” quest series in Chaos Descending.
Public Tradeskill Apprentices
Band together with your tradeskiller allies and help these new academics research all new recipes! Much like personal tradeskill apprentices, they can discover new unique recipes over time. Anyone can help speed things along by completing new missions for them, which will reduce the amount of time needed for the active research task. You'll also earn a special currency by helping the researchers along through their requisitions. Once the research is completed, the recipes can be bought from a nearby merchant with your earned currency. These researched recipes are server-wide unlocks instead of just individual rewards and can be repurchased at any time!
More Information After the Jump
Castle Mischief [Raid]
Long thought to have been lost, Castle Mischief sits nestled into the rocky cliffs of the Cobalt Scar... or at least it does for now. It is rumored that the castle can exist anywhere Bristlebane wills it to be, giving him access to anywhere in Norrath and beyond! The castle was recently discovered by an ex-boatmaster for the New Combine when excavating an abandoned mine in the area. Inside the mine, strange architecture and odd creatures were discovered, but they dared not enter the castle without the proper force to watch their backs. That is where you come in, dear adventurer! Seek out Whilhelm Nam’terin for more information about his endeavors.
Explore the castle, figure out its mysteries, and deduce just what Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane has been up to for so long. See what strange creatures he commands and see for yourself how far Bristlebane’s reach can go... though you may just find yourself in a familiar place with no idea how you got there, and no idea how to get home. If you do manage to make it through the twisted halls and back, you're sure to discover what the cards have in store for you!
ZONES / POPULATION
- Hegrenn, the furniture merchant in Qeynos, is now selling "a large crate", "a royal Antonican mug", "an Elddar mug", and "a small Qeynosian candleholder".
- Vhishall, the furniture merchant in Freeport, is now selling "a large crate".
Ragrax, Sepulcher of the Twelve [Raid]
- Council members T'darn, Rhederi, A'Gertis, Eulinus, Cassiun, Onnilun, Ulkin, and Hyritus should no longer use their "Ordered Disorientation" abilities when they shouldn't.
Doomfire: The Molten Caldera [Mythic Raid]
- The Chancellors should no longer use their Warring Wills and Warring Wanes abilities.
Awuidor: Reef of Coirnav [Raid]
- Coirnav should no longer have his debuffs be able to be resisted that increase difficulty if less than 20 players are engaged with him.
Chaos Descending Raids
- Raid bosses should now grant status when defeated.
- Mount item patterns can now stack up to 10 and can be placed in harvest depots.
- Level 1-50 itemization has been completely revamped to balance with early game progression. Gear progression is handcrafted, 3 tiers of solo, mastercrafted, 3 tiers of heroic, 3 tiers of raid.
- To preserve the player versus player experience, items on the Nagafen Event Server will not grant blue stats.
- Most contested boss content has a chance to drop a Nagafen only treasure list. These items are itemized at a higher level than any other item of that encounter tier.
- All items above tier 1 (level 1-9) mid-heroic will grant either defensive, melee, spell or a hybrid mix of skills.
- All level 50 and above items will grant crit chance.
- Mount Stat buffs will not apply to new Time-Locked servers.
- Familiars may not be summoned on new Time-Locked servers.
- Items previously named Wand's have either been converted into wands, or have been renamed Staves.
- Head armor pattern descriptions now correctly identify the armor as head, not shoulder.
- Skyshrine Drakota - The house item appearance now matches the mount appearance.
- More house items can now stack within your inventory.
- Aria of the Deep - Collectible has been renamed from "Hymn of the Deep" to avoid confusion with another collectible of the same name.
- Low level itemization has gone through a full update to coincide with an encounter balance update. While this update is designed with Time Locked servers in mind, it coincides with an encounter difficulty pass to verify that progression meets expected standards.
- Hadden's Earring - Captain Krieger should be easier to find, even if you are on a mount now.
- Sphinx Outside the Box - Consummate Sphinx Impersonation grants flying once again.
- The new "Travels" of Yun Zi - Having Fun Storming Lavastorm - Either end of Dragon's Breath Tunnel now updates the quest, and is easier to trigger even if on a mount.
- Path of the Past - Bloodskull Valley: The Training Grounds - Killing Ukgry the Trainer updates the quest, as intended.
- Tainted -Finding and gathering the pieces of parchment from the spider's nest now updates for the entire group.
- Familiars Wild - Plumewits in the Plane of Magic now count as "birds".
- Claim the Phylactery - Deletion of the quest now removes Rile's Phylactery from player's inventory.
- Claim the Phylactery - Rile's Phylactery can now be regained if lost by gathering it in Kunzar Jungle.
More Information Can be Found at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-saturday-march-16-2019-mischief-and-mayhem.588886/#post-6545855