Chains of Eternity is slated to launch this Tuesday, November 13. The expansion will have a few things going on that you may want to be prepared for prior to launch.
- Last day for expansion pre-orders is Monday, November 12. If you're interested in the lower price for the Collector's Edition ($60USD, or $20USD for SOE Live attendees) or you just want the bonus cloak, make sure you pre-order the expansion as soon as possible!
- All AA will be reset. Between the split of Tradeskill AA and Adventuring AA, as well as the Prestige tree changes, every single player will have a full Alternate Advancement point reset. You can prepare by saving your current profile on a Mirror of Reflected Achievements or by heading over to EQ2U and saving a backup of your current profile on their site. We're not completely certain that the mirror will be able to reload your spec correctly due to the changes, so we highly recommend doing both just to play it safe!
- All CoE quests require you to do the lead-in signature quest, Unexpected Consequences. Unexpected Consequences has been in the game for a while now and can be started by any level 92 character. The new expansion quests are story heavy and without following the signature line (Shades of Drinal sig quests will follow once CoE releases) you will find yourself unable to get any quests out in Eidolon Plains or Obol Jungle. In addition, most of the solo and heroic versions of the new CoE dungeons will be inaccessible until you (or a group member) progress to the appropriate points in the Chains of Eternity signature questline.
- Custom Tradeskill UI pieces will need updated. The easiest fix to this is to ensure you are using the default UI piece if your custom UI has not been updated yet for the expansion. If your Tradeskill window is deemed incompatible you will not be able to open it.
- Custom Alternate Advancement UI pieces will need updated. The easiest fix to this is to ensure you are using the default UI piece if your custom UI has not been updated yet for the expansion. If your AA window is deemed incompatible you will not be able to open it.
- Transmuters: stock up on level 90+ transmutables! The next tier of transmuting materials will be opened up so you may want a supply of things to transmute before Tuesday rolls around.
- Level 92 characters may have to adjust their AA slider to 0% to gain level experience on launch. Just remember to check your AA slider on launch day! This will most likely only affect level 92 characters who are not at max AA, but double-checking won't hurt anyone.
That's our list for now! We'll add to it if we come across anything else before the expansion launch. Many thanks to the Heroes of Test members on beta who contributed to this list.