SOE releases Velious Fan Faire media.
Following the events of Sentinel's Fate, the twin Swords of Destiny, Soulfire and the Qeynos Claymore, have been drained of their powers, setting the stage for the destruction of the EverQuest universe. The prophecy known as Age's End begins to unfold in the legendary continent of Velious and it is here where the war for Norrath will arise. For there to be any chance to save Norrath, the Swords of Destiny must be restored. Norrath’s guardians who undertake this burden will be tested by labyrinthine dungeons, the harsh Velious tundra and powerful creatures including the God of War himself, Rallos Zek. To succeed would mean ultimate glory. To fail would mean annihilation
Click the image at right to see the gallery of screenshots and concept art shown at Fan Faire.
Here are the expansion features as listed in the official press release:
- Flying Mounts – Soar high above Norrath and explore EQII like never before
- Hundreds of new weapons and items – Customize your character and in-game home in thousands of ways
- Over 300 new quests – Follow the EQII storyline through the fabled lands of Velious
- Ten instanced dungeons – Crawl your way through 10 dangerous dungeons
- Four new Heritage Quests – Live the legacy of the EverQuest franchise and gain memorable rewards
- One massive contested dungeon – Good or evil, be the first to conquer the all-new contested dungeon
- Two overland zones – Journey into incredible unknown land
- Six Raid Instances – Group up with 12-24 man raids for desirable loot
- Velious-themed Battlegrounds – Get your PvP on in the snow
- A new Signature Quest line – Immerse yourself in EQII lore and get the goods
- Over 30 new creatures – Battle dangerous and fantastical enemies
And here's the fly-over video we were treated to at Fan Faire!
source: SOE Press Release