The Antechamber of Fate
|Required by all?||Yes|
|Success||5 days 20 hours|
is a instanced zone that is accessible once you have completed The Rift
, a quest obtained on the third floor of the Tower of the Four Winds
. After completion of the quest you receive a Tanaan Portal Device
. You use it in the Mystic Lake
in front of the entrance to the Tomb. A shimmering Portal (Globe) will appear. You click it and zone in.
It is an Epic x4 raid zone with one boss fight, Chel'Drak the Ancient Lord
During the fight he will spawn a series of adds:
- 2 adds that anyone can damage/kill. These spawn about every 30 seconds.
- Class specific adds can only be damage by their respective archetypes. These spawn one at a time, in one of 4 locations (locations are fixed, what spawns is random). These are every 45 to 60 seconds.
The class specific adds are called the following:
Mages - a shadowy sorcerer
Fighters - a shadowy warrior
Scouts - a shadowy thief
Priests - a shadow acolyte
Notes about the class specific adds:
- Fighter add taunts everyone in range of taunt to the add till the add is dead
- Priest add heals Chel'Drak to 100%
- Scout add does a single target attack of about 20K (one shot)
- Mage add does a huge AE
Now, Chel'drak himself has 2 major AOE's that you need to be concerned with. One is called Cloud of Torpor, a long-range, poison AOE with a 50 second recast. It does an upfront large amount of damage, which lessens the further you are from the mob. Then, it becomes a DOT which lasts for about 30 seconds. The damage is low, so just cure it as quick as possible. Because of this, you want your tank in one corner of the room, while the rest of the raid should be in the corner opposite and behind Chel'drak.
The other AOE is titanic stomp, which has a 30 second recast and is a point-based AOE. This does slashing damage, so as long as everyone is a good distance from the mob, it shouldn't be an issue.
This page last modified 2012-10-09 01:14:45.