This 'game' was introduced in the 2006 Frostfell event, and discontinued in 2011. The game shows as a quest in your journal while playing that scales to your level.
In addition to the customary Frostfell fun, we also have a special treat for you this year: games of Frostfell Candycane Grab'n'Tag for fun and prizes! These games will start every couple of hours in Freeport and Qeynos. Everyone is welcome to participate – but if you aren't feeling so adventurous at first, feel free to hang around and watch the excitement from the sidelines. When you're ready to join in, just sign up with the registrar.
Here's how it works: All you have to do is pick up more candy canes than anyone else. Sounds simple, right? Well, when the game starts, one person is randomly picked to be "it". The person who is "it" cannot pick up candy canes – instead, they need to chase down and tag someone else to be "it." The games move quickly and the winner gets a prize and their name posted on the scoreboard, so don't lollygag around – get dodging and tagging!
- Talk to Gary Gigglegibber and join the waiting list. He is on the steps to the Claymore monument in North Qeynos, down the road some from the Temple of War and Academy of Arcane Science in North Freeport, or near the Granite Hills Acorn Lift in Kelethin.
Once enough people have joined and wait is over, the game will start.
- Once you are signed up, there is a wait period of roughly 5 minutes for at least 4 players to join.
Run over as many candy canes spread around town as possible to earn points.
- If not enough people are around, you will be informed and have to wait about 5 more minutes before you can sign up again. You may need to ask if more want to join in the chat channels.
One player will start as IT.
- The candy canes are small and appear on the ground once the game starts.
- The canes spawn in clusters in certain areas of the zone.
- The canes disappear when you run over them and then steadily respawn.
Game lasts for roughly 5 minutes. Player with the most points gets 1st Place, and so on down.
- While they are IT, they can't earn any points.
- They will receive a Tag Wand in their inventory. They must use the wand on another player to tag them and make them IT.
- The IT receives a movement speed buff to aid in tagging others.
- If one player stays IT long enough, someone else will randomly be made IT instead.
- Top 4 scorers get some coin.
- Top 4 scorers get VERY GOOD AA experience. You keep getting this AA experience every time you place in the top 4.
- 1st Place: Snow Form
- 2nd-4th Place: Blue and White Frostfell Elf Cap or Candycane Staff
- Your name posted on the scoreboard if your score is in the top 10 server-wide.
- First time you are IT, make a hotkey for the Tag Wand.
- When IT, use wand hotkey and F7 key (which is default target other PC key).
- When not IT, use a zigzag motion to avoid being targeted by players who are IT and still use mouse to target.
- Start with another player targeted (probably who ever you know is the best scorer) so you can tag them immediately if you start the game as IT.
Candy Cane Cluster Locations for North Qeynos
- drawbridge to the castle
- front and side of the bank
- around Irontoes East tavern (especially behind it)
- Temple of Life area
- front of the Ironforge Estate mansion
Occurs annually during the winter holiday season.
Frostfell 2014 is planned to run from 12/11/2014 through 01/08/2015.
Introduced for Frostfell 2006.
This page last modified 2011-11-26 17:31:22.