Customer Service has been spotty since Sony Online Entertainment transitioned into Daybreak Games. First phone service disappeared, then customers started complaining that petitions were not being answered. March 4, 2015, Daybreak Games updated their Knowledge Base with an article called [EQ2] Cases where Game Masters will not intervene. They have severely restricted the role of GMs to "errors with the game and/or servers" and remove the GM ability to help with gameplay issues.
Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)
Game Masters will not be able to intervene with simple gameplay errors. Gameplay errors should be resolved by further gameplay and players should use in-game means to address these errors.
Some examples of situations where Game Masters will not intervene:
- Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay.
- Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
- Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
- Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
- Accidental item modification (transmutes, adornments, gems, etc): There are in-game means to correct this issue which the player should explore.
- Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
- Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in guild management affairs in any way. If your guild leader is absent, please create a new guild of your own or find another guild on the server that meets your needs.
- Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored. Feel free to re-roll a new character.
That's right, Daybreak Games will no longer help you when your Guild Leader disappears from the game or your eight-year-old deletes a character to make room for his new "mouse pirate." So be careful out there, Norrathians, and be really sure before you click "Yes" and delete something!